How To Delete Credit Card From Uber – Expert Sharing
Uber is a smart application released by the company that provides convenient and time-saving online car booking services for customers. To be able to use Uber’s services, guests must have a credit card linked to their Uber account. The purpose of this is to make paying trip fees more convenient. But in some cases, for some personal reasons such as an expired credit card or the customer no longer wants to use it, they will want to remove credit card from Uber. The article below is to guide you on how to do that.
In the guide below you will find a step-by-step process to easily remove your Credit Card from Uber. Just follow the steps below.
So make sure before removing your credit card from your Uber account.
- A credit card is one of the most important links when signing up for an Uber account. It is linked for the purpose of making it easier for you to pay. So be sure about deleting.
- You must ensure that you have the new and verified payment option.
- Failure to do so may prevent riders and partners from access to services.
- You can remove a card using the customer support app, request it online, or the Uber mobile app.
- Account cancellations do not definitely lead to the deletion of database records.
- Certain account, trip, and payment details for business purposes may be retained by Uber because of business and privacy policies.
- Another thing is that the company automatically blocks fraudulent or problematic credit cards.
Remove Credit Card Details From Uber Eats App For Android and Iphone Users
How to remove credit card from Uber on Uber app.
1. Launch the Uber app
First of all, you need to open the uber app on any android or IOS device. You should see a black icon with uber written on it. It’s the trademark symbol for the Uber app. Just tap that icon to open the uber app on your device.
2. Touch the option icon
After launching the uber app, you will see three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the main page of the Uber app.
Uber will then open up a list of options for you such as Your Trip, Help, and more.
3. Tap Checkout
Tap on payments and then Uber will let you add or remove a payment method.
4. Tap on the Card
You can see all the payments that you have added to your uber app. Just tap on the credit card you want to remove. You can also add payments from this page.
5. Tap on the three dots
On the top right corner of the page, you will see three dots. Tap on it to open the card settings.
6. Tap on Delete Payment Method
7. Tap on Delete
Tap the Delete option to confirm.
If you want to go back, just tap the Cancel option.
After completing the 7 steps you can remove your credit card from the Uber app. Now you won’t be able to pay with that credit card.
Although you can another credit card or any other payment method you want to add. You should delete expired credit cards.
1. Call Customer Support
If you want to remove your credit card from your Uber account, you can call Uber customer support.
Depending on local laws, the company is obligated to remove all the database records including payment details.
Make sure you call Uber’s customer services if your mobile phone or credit card is stolen or lost.
2. Online Request
Credit card information includes card number, expiration date, CVV number, and billing ZIP or postal code. Uber allows the modification or closure of accounts including debit and credit cards.
Customers, at all times, have to retain at least one payment method to avail or deliver their Uber services.
1. Uber’s online help portal has useful information and assistance for those with personal accounts.
2. Use your personal Id and password to login at the following link: https://help.uber.com
3. Select the “Accounts and Payments” Option
4. Once logged in, the user can submit a request or complaint or seek further assistance.
5. Submit a request to delete your account, deactivate your business, update your payment method,…
6. Uber also addresses account hacks and other payment-related questions.
7. Make sure you send a clear and concise message for immediate support
3. Use Smart Phone App
This is the easiest and reliable method because its instant results are immediate and effective.
1. First, you have to download the latest Smartphone App from Uber. You can download it on any iOS or Android device.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the mobile screen.
3. Tap the help option in the menu.
4. Select the ‘Accounts and Payments’ option.
5. Add the digital wallet or new debit or credit card details and tap “SAVE”.
6. You can now edit the CC detail in the payment section and click the ‘Delete’ link.
Uber uses modern technology and communication devices to ensure the safety of your ride.
The company has also expanded its services from car-sharing and driving to express delivery and food delivery.
In case of any mistake or inconvenience, you can contact Uber customer care, they will guide you simply and quickly.
Above are the ways you can follow to remove credit card from Uber. Teamstertnc.org hopes this information can help you when encountering such situations. Read the steps carefully for a better experience with Uber.